1. Do not pack with masking tape or slim cellophane tape. Use PVC (poly-vinyl chloride).
2. Utilize newspapers just to cushion belongings, not for wrapping things. The ink on the newspapers may rub off and can recolor items, for example, fine china.
3. Pack similar items together. Try not to pack a fragile china figurine in a similar container with cast iron frying pan, for instance.
4. Wind electrical cords, tightening them so they don’t dangle.
5. Seal containers firmly with tape, aside from those containing things that must be left open for the van operator’s inspection.